I live for a good coat. I love a structural collar and a defined waist – bonus if there is a belt. For me, a gorgeous coat is the working woman’s superhero cape; put one on and conquer the world. This season, I was thrilled to see so many stylish options at seriously affordable prices. When I started to organize this post I wanted to find options for under $300. Amazingly, all of these are under $200. They are offered in a wide range of color, and size options as well.
1. Tahari, $180 How fantastic is this blue? It’s bright and bold but also classic. If you tend to wear a lot of black and white, you can layer this coat over your looks for a fresh pop of color. Available in XS (2) – XL (16) also in dusty pink. Pro tip: If the buttons on your coat are black, you want to wear it with other black pieces.
2. Eliza J, $186 This coat has been a reader favorite since we featured it a few weeks back. If you are in need of a new black coat this is a lovely option. I’m a big fan of the camel too, as you can dress it up or down and wear it with an endless variety of scarves. Available in Missy and Petite from a 2 – 14. Plus sized? I love this belted coat from ELOQUII for under $200.
3. Kenneth Cole, $178 A long coat (you might see it called a maxi coat) is a great addition to your coat wardrobe, especially if you are tall. This one from Kenneth Cole is available in the above burgundy (rum raisin), black, and a stunning off white called “glacier.” Pro tip: While you can easily alter the length of this coat to work with any height, cutting off more than 2 -3″ may not make sense from a cost perspective.
4. Kristen Blake, $199 If you need a simple, every day, wear-to -work-and-on-the-weekends kind of coat, this single breasted “walking coat” is for you. It is under $200, available in Missy and Petite, from a 2 – 16 and offered in black and camel. For plus, I really like this simple 3/4 length coat from Eliza J, in black or red.
5. Calvin Klein, $170 Finally, I love a novelty coat, something that has a little more edge and style. This wrap coat from Calvin Klein looks so much more expensive than its $170 price tag. It has a stunning collar with a faux leather trim and oversized buckle detail on the sleeves giving it a fashion forward flair that is still really wearable. Available in 2 -14. We featured it in navy, but check out the gray (tin) as well.
Shop this Post