It has been an incredibly busy start to the year! The winter is usually a quiet time for individual styling clients. I start to get busy right about mid-March. This year has been different. I’ve been booked every week since the first week of January. I realize that after almost 11 years of client work, I’m hitting my stride. It’s goes to prove to that, as a business owner, there is no substitute for putting in the work. In the last three months, I have worked with some of the nicest, most enthusiastic and appreciative clients. It’s kinda been a dream.
I’ve also learned a few lessons to keep me sane and allow me the time I need to run the rest of our businesses. Since I am getting many requests for Spring appointments, I thought I’d share a bit of the process and how it works. Due to my travel for our corporate clients, the blog and the store, I can only take six clients per month, including existing ones. If you are ready to book some time together for April or May, our process is simple:
– Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will reply with our information kit and a few times for a 15-minute call. This is not a sales call, but rather an opportunity to learn about your needs and schedule our first appointment. To learn more about Kristel Closets follow this link.
– Client appointments are on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday mornings when I am off the road. I can sometimes accommodate Fridays. Thursdays are my late days to schedule after work appointments. Saturday mornings are exclusively for shopping appointments.
– It’s difficult to move appointments around due to the complexity of my schedule. There is no penalty for rescheduling, but your appointment will likely be pushed back several weeks since I book out about a month in advance.
– Our three step process is simple. I designed it to provide clients an outline that I can customize once we start working together. You can view it here; almost every client goes with the Gold Hanger.
– I encourage clients to use our time together to not only build a wardrobe but to rediscover what they like and learn how to best shop for themselves. If you’re going to invest in something like this, I want you to get everything you can out of it.
– All private clients have direct access to me via text at any time during the day. I already answered three texts before 7:30 this morning, helping clients get ready for their week. To me, that’s a testament to the relationships we’re building. It delights me.
As of this post going live, Saturday, April 8th, 15th and 29th are open, but they will be the first to book up. If you have any questions about our process, check out our website. I am in San Diego and Dallas this month with our private clients, so mid week appointments are also limited.
If you have questions, please leave them in the comments below!